I’ve got quite a long TDY (temporary duty) set up at the beginning of August, so of course I jumped over to Awardmapper to check out what hotels were available in the area (Bethesda, MD). I noticed that the Hyatt Regency Bethesda is located almost literally right on the metro, and I read good reviews on Tripadvisor, so I booked it. Then I remembered reading a post from Million Mile Secrets earlier this summer, so I had to go back and check it out.
Daraius reminded us that Hyatt has brought back the Diamond Challenge! If I stayed 12 nights at any Hyatt in the next 60 days, I’d get Diamond status through the end of Feb 2017! Heck, I’d hit that just on this TDY alone, so I figured why not!
With Hyatt Diamond status you get:
- 30% bonus on points earned for stays
- Best room available on arrival (excluding suites)
- Free premium internet
- Lounge access with free breakfast and evening appetizers (free full breakfast at Hyatt hotels without lounges)
- 4 suite upgrades (up to 7 consecutive nights each) per year
- Late check-out at 4:00 pm upon request
- 2 one-time use United Airlines lounge club passes each year
Also, as part of this challenge, you get Platinum status from the time you enroll, AND you get a bonus 1,000 points for each of the first 6 nights!
I was concerned though about military/gov’t rates, so I called the Hyatt Gold Passport line at 800-228-3360. The lady who answered was incredibly nice and helpful, and assured me that military/gov’t rates counted towards the challenge, and that so did cash + points stays (unfortunately MGM stays in Las Vegas do not count towards it).
Anyone else going to do this with me?